Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Where Did May Go??

This month has flown by!
I have been meaning to blog every week but just haven't gotten to it.
Busy month! 
Good news...I'm finally feeling better.  More energy and my voice seems back to normal.  Now if I can just keep healthy.

Mother's Day was sweet this year.  Church with the family, dinner with Mom and a surprise from the Grands!
These adorable silhouettes for their Mom and myself!  LOVE!
They also brought flowers for me and BB(my Mom).  It was a lovely day.

Then I got so busy working on a rummage sale by the UMW(United Methodist Women) at my church.  A week long set up and pricing, then sale on Fri/Sat and this old lady was tired! 
This was early in the week, we had lots and lots more come in to sell.
One of our church members donated over 100 Santa's she had collected for 40 years.  We sold many and are trying to sell the rest online.  I bought one for myself...
I love his kind face.
and a cowboy Santa for Tiger
He will get it at Christmas!

I donated lots of my vintage things and many of them sold.  It was a good way for me to downsize and contribute to missions.  
I was very good and as I was 'unpacking' I only brought back home two things I thought I would sell.  A cat box and a pink ceramic ring box.  So for me, that is really good!  

Of course a week of looking at 'stuff' for sale and you know I brought home some things.  All of us who worked the sale bought things...of course we did!

Here is my haul!
A wine rack and a corkscrew!
I'm not as strong as I once was so the electric corkscrew is pretty awesome!
Books of course!  I also bought 7 books in a series for my Mom.
Bright Pink Bucket for $1!!!
This is for a fairy garden if I ever decide to make one, only .25
This adorable little jewelry box for Scout.  I'll keep it here for her to play with.  I just got her a wooden box but at 2 she isn't quite ready for this more 'delicate' box. 
This little girl stuffy just said 
"take me to Scout" so I did!

All in all a pretty good sale.  I found a few things I could use and sold a lot and we made money for missions!  Most of us who did all the hard work were over 65 and we all said this was our last rummage sale.  If there is another one, some of the young people will have to organize it.   Our aches and pains made us laugh but we did realize it was time to pass on this event to younger bodies!

We have had lots and lots of rain but I have done a bit of yard work!
I put this photo on social media asking if anyone else saw a face in the stump! The answers were so funny. 
Do you see a face? 

I showed you the tomato plant in my last post
All the rain and sun and a few weeks later it looks like this!
Now if we can just get some tomatoes!

Flowers, my funky fountain and more flowers!  I'm enjoying the yard this year!

Because of how busy I've been there hasn't been much watercolor painting this month.  I tried to do one for my Mom on Mother's Day but I didn't like how it turned out so I'm still working on it!  I got nervous trying to make something for someone instead of just 'painting for fun'.

Tomorrow is June 1st and that means
Birthday Month!
Yes I said month!
 I know you can't wait to see what fun I have in June!

Wishing you JOY,
Linda

19 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The Mother's day gifts are wonderful! What a great idea! Love the things you bought at the sale...especially the pretty jewelry box. I just got home with a small stack of books I bought at the library lobby. But now I may play with dollies! hahaha! Thanks for being such a sweet friend, Sis! I am SO glad you are feeling good! Hugs, Diane

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm glad you're finally feeling better. I'm so happy to have three tomatoes on the vine!
Brenda

Chatty Crone said...

I did see a face in that tree. Glad you feel better. That was a huge sale - our men run ours here. You found some great buys. They are had to do - the work I mean. I doubt we will get to Sue's this month for your and Denise's birthday - do you? I can see why you were busy girl. Love, sandie

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

So many things here that I liked the look of and would liked to have in my house.

Melanie said...

Love the silhouettes! I can only imagine how much work it was to set up and take down that rummage sale. I hope next year you can find some younger bodies to do it!

Your tomato plant has grown so quickly - you'll have tomatoes before you know it. My plants are still little. I do indeed see a face in that stump!

We are: Clamco said...

Love the funky fountain and the flowers in the little rocker. I do see a face in the stump! How funny! Those silhouettes remind me of ones my parents had of each of us kids. They're like 40-50 years old. They are still hanging in my Dad's house. They were hand cut out of paper and framed.

Cheri said...

Right away I saw a pig in your stump...ha ha
Congrats to you and the women of your church, you should be very proud of all your hard work. Doing garage sales is hard work and that is why I hate doing them anymore, so I can sympathize with you.
Love your Mother's Day gifts and so thoughtful.

Diann said...

Happy birthday month!! So glad you are feeling better! It just seems to take so much longer to heal these days. The joy of getting older. :) That rummage sale looks wonderful! All you ladies did a great job. I bet you were glad when it was over. That's a lot of work! May flew by! I can't believe it is already June. Your yard looks awesome. We have had so much rain and flooding here that I haven't even had the chance to plant anything new for the season. It's also been weird temperatures here this month. One week the we had an 82 degree day and 2 days later it only got up to 40 degrees. Lots of plants died on people. So, I guess it's good that I waited.

Art and Sand said...

I love the stump with the face.

And, I must agree that May flew by!

Mereknits said...

Your hard work paid off Linda. I would have bought some of those Santa's although I am trying to wean down my collection. Happy you had a great Mother's Day.

Vicky Hunt said...

May was filled with goodness for you! Love your gift for Mother's Day...so precious! I definitely see a face in the stump...so cool! Have a great weekend my friend.

Hugs, Vicky

Rue said...

I always enjoy reading about your birthday month. You have so much fun and it's a joy to read about :)

I think the face looks like a screaming pig lol

It's sounds like May was definitely busy, so I can understand why you've been missing... I hope this month isn't as busy.

xoxo,
rue

Susan said...

Hi Linda.Just getting caught up on blog posts. Time flies by soooo fast these days. Loved your post. The rummage sale looked like fun and your take-home treasures were great. I see a bear's face in the trunk! Hope all is well. Hugs. Susan

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

I am so behind in reading blog posts. Glad you are feeling better. Yes, I see the face in the stump. I think he is watching over your garden. xo Laura

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! I hope you're still feeling well at this time. Love that church garage sale. I know you did so much work and what a nice way to help contribute to missions. Of course you bought some things! :) I know I would. My basement is chocked full of garage sale stuff from the garage sale we haven't had yet!
Love ya,
Shelia :)

Susan said...

As usual, you have a good eye for treasures! Now, that tomato plant needs to be pruned so it will produce fruit. If a plant is putting in all that effort into foliage, it won't produce a lot of fruit. All "intersecting" new branches need to be cut. I'm sure you can go on line and see how to. XOXO

Deb said...

"Happy Birthday, Linda. Hope it was a fun day."

Shelia said...

Hi Linda! Hope you're having a nice weekend and thanks for popping in to see me and yes, our blogs are online journals for sure.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

roth phallyka said...

"Happy Birthday, Linda. Hope it was a fun day."


ทางบ้าน